Free School Meals
Am I entitled to free school meals?
All pupils in Key Stage 1, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 should be offered a universal infant free school meal which will be funded by the Government.
As well as this all pupils regardless of their age, whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit